10. Sadeghinia, A. Alijani, B & Ziaeian, P. (2012). Spatial-temporal analysis of Tehran metropolitan island using remote sensing and geographic information system, Journal of the Geography and environmental hazards Volum 4: Winter. Pp. 1-17.
11. Ranjbar, H, Haghdoost, A. Salsali, M. Khoshdel, A. Soleimani, A & Bahrami, N. (2012). Sampling in Qualitative Research: Supervision For starters, Journal of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran University of Medical Sciences, No. (3 :), pp: 238-250.
12. Ranjbar Saadatabadi, A. Ali Akbari Bidokhti, A & Sadeghi Hosseini, A. (2005). The effects of the island of heat and urbanization on the weather and local climate in the metropolis of Tehran based on data Mehrabad and Varamin, Environmental Studies, No. 39,: Summer 84, pp. 59-68.
13. Dehghan, Mehdi (, 2003). Urban Heat Islands, an example of climate change, Journal: Growth of Geography Education, Summer 2003 - No. 65: pp: 28-35.
14. Hassan Lee, A & Shafiee, M. (2010). Drought Adaptation Strategies, Strategic Research Center, Infrastructure Research Group, Tehran.
15. Adger, W.N.; Eakin, H. and Winkels, A. (2007). Nested and networked vulnerabilities in South East Asia. Global Environmental Change and the South-east Asian Region: An Assessment of the State of the Science, L. Lebel, et al. (eds.), Island Press, Washington, District of Columbia, in press.
16. Akbari, H.; Levinson, R. and Rainer, L. (2005). Monitoring the energy-use effects of cool roofs on California commercial buildings, Energy and Buildings, 37: 1007-1016.
17. Alcoforado, M.J. and Andrade, H. (2006). Nocturnal urban heat island in Lisbon (Portugal): main features and modelling attempts, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 84: 151-159.
18. Archer, D.; Almansi, F.; DiGregorio, M.; Roberts, D.; Sharma, D. and Syam, D. (2014). Moving towards inclusive urban adaptation: approaches to integrating community-based adaptation to climate change at city and national scale, Climate and Development, 6(4): 345-356.
19. Ca, V.T.; Asaeda, T. and Ashie, Y. (1999). Development of a numerical model for the evaluation of the urban thermal environment, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 81: 181-196.
20. Carmin, J.; Roberts, D. and Anguelovski, I. (2009). Planning climate resilient cities: early lessons from early adapters, Presented at the world bank urban research symposium on climate change, Marseille, 28-30 June 2009.
21. Carter, J.; Cavan, G. Connelly, A.; Guy, S.; Handley, J. and Kazmierczak, A. (2015). Climate change and the city: Building capacity for urban adaptation, Progress in Planning, 95: 1-66.
22. Chang, K., 2000: Scientists watch cities make their own weather.New York Times,15 August, Late Ed.—Final, F1. [Availableonlineathttp://query.nytimes.com/search/abstract?res5F60C12F63B5B0C768DDDA10894D8404482.
23. Chang, S. E., & Falit-Baiamonte, A. (2002). Disaster vulnerability of businesses in the 2001 Nisqually earthquake. Global Environmental Change Part B: Environmental Hazards, 4(2), 59-71.Cook, J.; Fang, K.; Smith, J. and Williams, K. (2010). Urban Heat Islands in the San Joaquin Valley: Case study evaluating the magnitude and mitigation strategies of Fresno’s heat island, 2010, LBNL Heat Island Group, http://eetd.lbl.gov/HeatIsland/CoolRoofs/, pg1.
24. Clarke JF (1972) Some effects of the urban structure on heat mortality.Environ Res 5:93–104
25. Corfee-Morlot, J., Cochran, I., Hallegatte, S., & Teasdale, P. J. (2011). Multilevel risk governance and urban adaptation policy. Climatic change, 104(1), 169-197.Fujino, T.; Asaeda, T. and Ca, V.T. (1999). Numerical analyses of urban thermal environment in a basin climate - application of a k-epsilon model to complex terrain, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 81: 159-169.
26. Giguère, M. (2009). Urban Heat Island Mitigation Strategies, Urban Heat Island Mitigation Strategies Institute national de santé publication of Québec, http://www.inspq.qc.ca.
27. Gorsevski, V., Taha, H., Quattrochi, D., & Luvall, J. (1998). Air pollution prevention through urban heat island mitigation: An update on the Urban Heat Island Pilot Project. Proceedings of the ACEEE Summer Study, Asilomar, CA, 9, 23-32.
28. Golden, J. S. (2006). Photovoltaic canopies: thermodynamics to achieve a sustainable systems approach to mitigate the urban heat island hysteresis lag effect. International journal of sustainable energy, 25(01), 1-21.
29. Greater London Authority (2008). The London Climate Change Adaptation Strategy,Summary draft report, Published by Greater London Authority, London.
30. Grothmanna, T. and Patt, A. (2005). Adaptive capacity and human cognition: The process of individual adaptation to climate change, Global Environmental Change, 15: 199-213.
31. Healthy air living (2011). Urban Heat Island Mitigation: An innovative way to reduce air pollution and energy usage, www.healthyairliving.com.
32. Heidt, V.M. and Neef, M. (2008). Benefits of Urban Space for Im- proving Urban Climate, Ecology, Planning and Management of Urban Forests: International Perspective, 2008.
33. Heisler, G.M. and Grant, R.H. (2000). Ultraviolet radiation in urban ecosystems with consideration of effects on human health, Urban Ecosystems, 4: 193-229.
34. Hoverter, Sara P. (2012). Adapting to Urban Heat: A Tool Kit for Local Governments, Georgetown Climate Center.
35. Kikegawa, Y., Genchi, Y., Kondo, H., & Hanaki, K. (2006). Impacts of city-block-scale countermeasures against urban heat-island phenomena upon a building’s energy-consumption for air-conditioning. Applied Energy, 83(6), 649-668.
36. Kolokotroni, M., Giannitsaris, I., & Watkins, R. (2006). The effect of the London urban heat island on building summer cooling demand and night ventilation strategies. Solar Energy, 80(4), 383-392.
37. LBNL Heat Island Group (2010). http://eetd.lbl.gov/HeatIsland/CoolRoofs/, pp. 1.
38. Lesnikowski, A. (2014). Adaptation to Urban Heat Island Effect in Vancouver, BC: A case study in analyzing vulnerability and adaptation opportunities, A project submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of master of arts (planning), the University of British Columbia, September 2014.
39. Manlun, Y. (2003). Suitability Analysis of Urban Green Space System Based on GIS; ITC: Geneva, Switzerland, 03.
40. Masson, V. (2006). Urban surface modeling and the meso-scale impact of cities, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 84: 35-45.
41. McKendry, I.G. (2003). Applied climatology, Progress in Physical Geography, 27: 597-606.
42. Narejo, D. (2005). (Geo)Synthetics for greenroofs, Geotechnical Fabrics Report, 23: 34-37.
43. Nowak, D. (2000). The interactions between urban forests and global climate change, Global Climate Change and the Urban Forest, 31-44.
44. O’Malley, C., Piroozfar, P., Farr, E. R., & Pomponi, F. (2015). Urban Heat Island (UHI) mitigating strategies: A case-based comparative analysis. Sustainable Cities and Society, 19, 222-235.Oke, T.R. (1982). The energetic basis of the urban heat island, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 108: 1-24.
45. Oke, T. R., 1973: City size and the urban heat island.Atmos. Environ.,7,769–779.
46. Randall, T. A., Churchill, C. J., & Baetz, B. W. (2003). A GIS-based decision support system for neighbourhood greening. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 30(4), 541-563.
47. Roaf, S.; Crichton, D. and Nicol, F. (2005). Adapting buildings and cities for climate change: a 21st century survival guide, Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Elsevier/Architectural Press.
48. Rosenfeld, A.; Akbari, H.; Bretz, S.; Fishman, B.; Kurn, D.; Sailor, D. and Taha, H. (1995). Mitigation of urban heat islands: materials, utility programs, updates, Energy and Buildings, 22: 255-265.
49. Rushayati, S.; Prasetyo, L.; Puspaningsih, N. and Rachmawati, E. (2016). Adaptation Strategy Toward Urban Heat Island at Tropical Urban Area, Procedia Environmental Sciences, 33: 221-229.
50. Saavedra, C., Budd, W. W., & Lovrich, N. P. (2012). Assessing resilience to climate change in US cities. Urban Studies Research, 2012..
51. Shashua-Bar, L., Hoffman, M. E., & Tzamir, Y. (2006). Integrated thermal effects of generic built forms and vegetation on the UCL microclimate. Building and environment, 41(3), 343-354.
52. Satterthwaite, D.; Huq, S.; Reid, H.; Pellin, M. and Romero Lankao, P. (2009). Introduction. In: Bicknell J, Dodman D, Satterthwaite D (eds.) Adapting cities to climate change: understanding and addressing the development challenges, London: Earthscan.
53. Shahgedanova, M.; Burt, T.P. and Davies, T.D. (1997). Some aspects of the three-dimensional heat island in Moscow, International Journal of Climatology, 17: 1451-1465.
54. Smit, B. and Pilifosova, O. (2001). Adaptation to climate change in the context of sustainable development and equity, In: McCarthy, J.J., Canziani, O.F., Leary, N.A., Dokken, D.J., White, K.S. (eds.), Climate Change 2001: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, Cambridge: Cambridge University Pres, pp. 877-912.
55. Solecki, W. D., Rosenzweig, C., Parshall, L., Pope, G., Clark, M., Cox, J., & Wiencke, M. (2005). Mitigation of the heat island effect in urban New Jersey. Global Environmental Change Part B: Environmental Hazards, 6(1), 39-49Stone, Jr., Brian Vargo, Jason, Peng Liu, Yongtao Hu, Armistead Russell, (2013). Climate Change Adaptation Through Urban Heat Management in Atlanta, Georgia Environ. Sci. Technol, 47: 7780-7786.
56. Tsunemats, N.; Yokoyama, H. and Honjo, T. (2015). Impacts of urban heat island mitigation strategies on surface temperatures in downtown Tokyo, 9th International Conference on Urban Climate jointly with 12th Symposium on the Urban Environment, Toulouse France.
57. UN-HABITAT (2011). Cities and Climate Change, Global Report on Human Settlements 2011, http://www.unhabitat.org/downloads/docs/GRHS2011_Full.pdf.
58. Villanueva-Solis, J. (2017). Urban Heat Island Mitigation and Urban Planning: The Case of the Mexicali, B. C. Mexico, American Journal of Climate Change, 6: 22-39.
59. Wang, Y.; Berardi, U. and Akbari, H. (2016). Comparing the effects of urban heat island mitigation strategies for Toronto, Canada, Energy and Buildings, 114: 2-19.
60. Weng, Q.; Lu, D. and Schubring, J. (2004). Estimation of land surface temperature vegetation abundance relationship for urban heat island studies, Remote Sensing of Environment, 89: 467-483.
61. Wilby, R.L. and Perry, G.L.W. (2006). Climate change, biodiversity and the urban environment: a critical review based on London, UK., Progress in Physical Geography, 30: 73-98.
62. Yang, L.; Qian, F.; Song, D. and Zheng, K. (2016). Research on Urban Heat-Island Effect, Procedia Engineering, 169: 11-18.
63. Yow, D.M. (2007). Urban Heat Islands: Observations, Impacts, and Adaptation, Geography Compass 1(6): 1227-1251.
64. Yu, C. and Hien, W.N. (2006). Thermal benefits of city parks, Energy and Buildings, 38: 105-120.