10. Børgensen, B. K., 2011, NATO and International Terrorism: Can NATO Move Beyond Controversy? Copenhagen: DIIS REPORT.
12. Daalder, I. and Stavridis, J., 2012, NATO’s Victory in Libya: The Right Way to Run an Intervention, Foreign Affairs, Vol. 91, No. 2.
13. Dempsey, J., 2010, The Peril that NATO can’t ignore. In www.acus.org/natosource/peril-nato-cant-ignore.
14. Flint, C., 2012, Introduction to Geopolitics. Routledge.
15. Global Research, 2011, NATO’s Eastern Anchor. 24 NATO bases in Turkey’February 14, Available at: http://www.globalresearch.ca/nato-s-eastern-anchor-24-nato-bases-in-turkey/2320.
16. Goodenough, P., 2017, 13 Allies Pay Less Than 1%, March 20, Available at: www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/us-pays-2214-nato-budget-germany-1465-13-allies-pay-below-1.
17. Hafeznia, M. R., 2013, Geopolitical principles and concepts. Mashhad: Papolli Publications.
18. Hyde-Price, A., 2011, NATO’s Political Transformation and International Order. Copenhagen: DIIS REPORT.
19. Jones, M. et al., 2004, An Introduction to Political Geography. London: Routledge.
20. Kolaei, E. and Goodarzi, M., 2013, The Caspian Sea; Challenges and Prospects. Tehran: Mizan Publication.
21. Kolaei, E.; Tisheyar M. and Mohammadi, M., 2007, The North Atlantic Treaty Organization; Transformations in Missions and Functions, Tehran: Tehran University Press.
22. Kulesa, L. and Shetty, S., 2017, Trump, Putin and the Growing Risk of Military Escalation, Policy Brief, June, Available at https://www.europeanleadershipnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/170704-Trump-Putin-and-the-Growing-Risk-of-Military-Escalation.pdf
23. M. S., 2015, Why Turkey called a NATO Article Four consultation, 28 Jul, Available at: http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/07/economist-explains-21
24. MacAskill, E., 2014, Close military encounters between Russia and the west 'at cold war levels', The Guardian, UK, Retrieved 2014-12-28.
25. Mohseni, M. R., 2013, Pan-Turkism, Iran and Azerbaijan, Tehran: Samarkand Publication.
26. NATO press, 2016, NATO Ballistic Missile Defence, Available at: http://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2016_07/20160630_1607-factsheet-bmd-en.pdf.
28. Necsutu, M., 2017, NATO To Open Liaison Office in Moldova, Available at: http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/nato-to-open-liaison-office-in-moldova-11-23-2017.
29. Pike, J., 2016, Russia Warns Against NATO Missiles on Syrian Border, Available at: www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2012/11/mil-121122-rianovosti02.html.
30. Rathke, J.; Szeligowski, D. and Zasztowt, K., 2016, How Can NATO Contribute to Ukraine and Georgia’s Border Security?, PISM Policy Papers, Vol. 12, No. 153, Available at: https://www.pism.pl/Publications/PISM-Policy-Paper-no-153.
31. Ringsmose, J. and Rynning, S., 2011, NATO’s new strategic concept: a comprehensive assessment. DIIS REPORT.
32. Rock, M. Y., 2014, Constructing Territory. Available at: www.eeducation.psu.edu/geog128/node/538.
33. Rogers, J. and Romanovs, U., 2015, NATO’s Eastern Flank: Rebuilding Deterrence?, RUSI Newsbrief, Vol. 35, No. 3.
34. Romina, I., 2013, An Analysis of Geopolitical Zones in Southwest Asia, First National Conference of Southwest Asian Geopolitics.
35. Rosenberg, M., 2015, In Reversal, Obama Says U.S. Soldiers Will Stay in Afghanistan to 2017. The New York Times, October 15.
36. Rozoff, R., 2012, GLOBAL MILITARY ALLIANCE: Partners across the Globe: NATO Consolidates a Worldwide Military Force, Global Research, April 27, Available at: http://www.globalresearch.ca/global-military-alliance-partners-across-the-globe-nato consolidates-a-worldwide-military-force/30566.
37. Schmidt, M. S. and Chan, V., 2016, NATO Will Send Ships to Aegean Sea to Deter Human Trafficking, The New York Times, FEB. 11, Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/world/europe/nato-aegean-migrant-crisis.html?_r=0.
38. Shane, S., 2010, NATO Balanced Baltic and Russian Anxieties, The New York Times, December 6.
39. Sten, A., 2014, The Limits of Partnership: U.S.-Russian Relations in the Twenty-First Century, USA, Princeton University Pres.
40. Stoltenberg, J., 2016a, NATO stands in support of Iraq. Available at: http://nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_136011.htm?selectedLocale=en.
41. Stoltenberg, J., 2016b, Foreign Ministers agree NATO must do more to project stability in its neighbourhood, 19 May, Available at: http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_131197.htm?selectedLocale=en.
42. Stoltenberg, J., 2016c, Six NATO nations eager to increase Black Sea presence, 26 Oct, Available at https://www.rt.com/news/364226-nato-black-sea-stoltenberg/.
43. Stoltenberg, J., 2016d, Diplomacy offers the only viable solution to the crisis in Ukraine, 07 Dec. Aviliable At: https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/opinions_138760.htm
44. Torelli, S. M., 2016, Turkey and NATO as seen from Ankara, 26 May, Available at: https://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/stefano-m-torelli/turkey-and-nato view-from-ankara.
45. UIA, 2016, Majority of Ukrainians would favor Ukraine membership in EU and NATO, UNIAN Information Agency, 4 February Aviliable At: https://www.unian.info/society/1255397-majority-of-ukrainians-would-favor-ukraine-membership-in-eu-and-nato-poll.html.
46. Unverdi, G. B., 2015, To what extent is the gradual deterioration in NATO-Russia relations between 1991-2014 causally related to NATO's eastward expansion in Eastern-Europe?, MA thesis: Leiden University.
48. Winiczenko, H., 2017, Test Your Capabilities and Get Ready for The Future to Keep Our Nations Safe, JFTC Magazine, No. 10. Available at: http://www.jftc.nato.int/newsroom/jftc-magazine.
49. Wittmann, K., 2011, An Alliance for the 21st Century? Reviewing NATO’s New Strategic Concept. Copenhagen: DIIS REPORT.
50. Zhukov, Y. M., 2016, NATO's Mediterranean Mission, Foreign Affairs, February 21, Available at: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/europe/2016-02-21/natos-mediterranean-mission.