عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Survey and analysis of management strategies of Afghan Immigrants in Razavi Khorasan province by using SWOT-ANP model
After the invasion of Soviet Union to Afghanistan, many immigrants and refugees arrived to Pakistan and Iran countries. In this period, which coincided with the first years after the revolution in Iran, there wasn’t a certain policy for admission and procedure of Afghan refugees. Feeling necessity to help the Afghan Muslim brothers and sisters who were under pressure from the Soviet army and extensive uncontrollable border between Iran and Afghanistan was to prevent Afghan exactly monitor the entry into Iranian territory For this reason more than 90 percent of Afghan immigrants arrived into the cities and villages of Iran. The subject of migration and residency of foreign nationals, particularly Afghans migrants in Iran and Razavi Khorasan province are issues that despite some positive effects, it has brought many anomalies and problems of social, economic and political. According to the census of 2011, the number of Afghan immigrants in Iran and Khorasan Razavi province were 1452513 and 205859 person, respectively, indicating an increase in their number compares to the 2006 census.The goal of this research is Survey and analysis of management strategies of Afghan immigrants in Razavi Khorasan province.
The method of research base on goal is usage and base on method and nature is analytic – descriptive. To determine the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of Afghan emigrant presence in this province is used SWOT model and for prioritizing strategies of result of SWOT technique by using the experts, specialist academics and related to the topic was used the ANP model. Necessary strategies about the issue of afghan immigrant of Rzavi Khorasan province have been formulated by using ANP-SWOT method and super decisions software.
After the survey questionnaire and analyze the data extracted from the questionnaires attempted identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of Afghan immigrants Razavi Khorasan province. From Accumulation of respondents' views were identified 5 point strengths 13 weaknesses, 14 opportunities and 15 threats.
Figure 1: The model was plotted from the combination of ANP and SWOT
As is obvious from the figure above, the model of this research have 4 criteria, 47 sub-criteria and 19 alternatives. The alternatives of SO1 to SO3 are related to SO strategy (offensive), the alternatives of ST1 to ST3 are related to ST strategy (competitive), the alternatives of WO1 to WO5 are related to WO strategy (conservative) and the alternatives of WT1 to WT7 are related to WT strategy (defensive).
Finally, ultimate strategies of planning and management of Afghan immigrants in Razavi Khorasan province were prioritized by combining the various sub-criteria which those were mentioned in the following (table 1).
Table 1: prioritizing of ultimate strategies (alternatives)
strategy Normalized score Priority
SO1 0/01052 18
SO2 0/01146 17
SO3 0/00962 19
ST1 0/06994 7
ST2 0/06769 8
ST3 0/05791 10
ST4 0/05005 11
WO1 0/03771 12
W02 0/01946 16
WO3 0/02021 15
WO4 0/02145 14
WO5 0/03579 13
WT1 0/10310 1
WT2 0/07596 5
WT3 0/10198 2
WT4 0/06084 9
WT5 0/09666 3
WT6 0/07000 6
WT7 0/07965 4
Based on the normalized scores, totally, the alternatives of defensive strategy gained 0/5879, the alternatives of conservative strategy gained 0/1345, the alternatives of competitive strategy gained 0/2455 and the alternatives of offensive strategy gained 0/5879.
Figure 2: final score obtained related to strategies of Afghan immigrants in Razavi Khorasan province
The result of research and according to ANP model output, in the current situation, defensive strategies with the highest score must be given higher importance and priorities; and among the different options of defensive strategy, options WT1, WT3, WT5 gained the highest score and were identified as the first, second and third priorities, respectively. The WT1 strategy is related to necessity of more coordination between organizations and formulation compiled and precise program about foreign immigrants to prevent crime, trafficking and abuse of information for foreigners. The WT2 strategy is related to necessity of creating coordination between various organizations on affairs of foreign immigrants for control and management of foreign nationals and Afghan immigrants in this province and country. The WT3 strategy is related to necessity of updating laws and precise implementation of them, Preparation of accurate statistics about foreign immigrants in order to prevent of change the physical structure of cities and villages, illegal marriages and Change the population age pyramid of province and country.
In fact, all dimensions mentioned can be associated with the security of province and country and accurate management of this issue can be effective on reducing social problems, crime, delinquency etc. among foreign immigrants.
Key words: Afghan Immigrants, SWOT-ANP model, Strategy, Razavi Khorasan Province.
1. Fahimiradrad, H (2011): migration of foreign nations (Afghans) to Razavi Khorasan province, consequences and Security solutions, Sobhan toos publication, Mashhad, Iran.
2. Fred R. D (2004): Strategic management, translated by Ali Parsian & S.M Erabi, Office of Cultural Research Publication, Tehran.
3. Golkar, K (2005): Adjusting the SWOT technique for application in urban design, Journal of Sofeh, N.41, Tehran, Iran.
4. Gorener, A (2012): Comparing AHP and ANP: An Application of Strategic Decisions Making in a Manufacturing Company. International Journal of Business and Social Science.
5. Hadiani ,Z, Ahadnezhad, M, Kazemizad, Sh & Ghanbari, H (2012): Strategic Planning for Tourism Development by SWOT Method (Case Study: Shiraz City), Journal of Geography and Environmental Planning, V23, N3, Isfahan, Iran.
6. Javan ,J (2011): Geography of Iran population, Jahad Daneshgahi Publication. Mashhad, Iran.
7. Kajanus, M., kangas, J., & Kurttila, M (2004): the use of value focused thinking and the A, WOT hybrid method in tourism management. Tourism manageement.
8. Kangas, J., kurtila, M., kajanus, M., & Kangas, A (2003): Evaluation the management strategies of a forestland estate the S-O-S approch. Journal of environmental management.
9. Karimi M.Z (2003): Effect of Afghan immigrants on wages and employment in Iran, Journal of Economic Research, Tehran, Iran.
10. Kiani, A & Salari S.F (2011): Studying Priorities for Designing Urban Landscape of Public Spaces in Assalouyeh Using ANP Model, Journal of Bagh Nazar, N.18, Tehran, Iran.